Sunday, September 26, 2010

Small Stuff

“Would you like to renew your membership, sir?” the cashier asked dutifully.

This is the fourth time she asked me the past two months. I said to her that she had asked me the same question three times before.

My membership is not due till Christmas and I was not ready to part with my $30 yet. And I said, “No!”

My curiosity got the better of me and I asked why she would ask customers to renew their membership so early. With a sad look, she said that she had to meet quota.

I could imagine that the the many customers she asked, many turned her down, and hence the sad disposition.

Then I thought “Why not?”

That’s where I said, “Yes” and her face lighted up.

Christmas comes early for her. In turn, Christmas comes early for me, too!

When I looked back, I realised that I nearly lost an opportunity to show kindness – a small deed goes a long way.

Mother Teresa says, “We can do no great things, only small things with great love.”

This week, do a small thing and make a person’s day with your great love!

And see the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment